1. If someone were to ask me, why I decided to get baptised? I would simply say: ‘I read and I considered carefully all the prophecies in the Bible, and they were fulfilled exactly as written.’ The written Words in the Scriptures are so trustworthy, it makes me want to do God’s will, and it is my desire to faithfully do what the Bible says. Knowing all this Truth has influenced me to make this decision to be baptised again, and with this knowledge, I can mature spiritually.
2. And should someone ask why I specifically chose the Seventh-day Adventist church? My reply would be; it is the only church that respects and fulfils the fourth Commandment as written in the Law given by God to Moses: “Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labour and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work…” (Deuteronomy 5:12, 13 & 14). These Words were written to be kept throughout all generations, as God’s Law is unchangeable. I have noticed that, in the Romanian Orthodox calendars, it states that Saturday is the seventh day. Then, I must obey God’s holy Law.
3. It is therefore essential for me, that I am baptised into the remnant of God’s true church following the example of Christ through baptism. My desire is to follow the Lord Jesus, as He says: “I am the Way the Truth and the Life” (John 14:6). Jesus was baptised to fulfil the prophecies which are written in the Scriptures to show us how to follow Him, (Matthew 3:15 and Psalm 32:8). Psalms chapters 1 and 2 remind us of the Lord’s watch care over His people and the joy for all those who delight in His Law and seek His protection. We can, with confidence, bring everything to God in prayer, asking for the forgiveness of our sins and wrongdoings, and He will hear us. This belief has therefore led me to make the decision to be baptised.
4. I realised that I was in the mire of sin, helpless and destitute, but God saw me in my utter despair and lifted me up from the pit of death, cleaned me up from all my sins through the blood of the innocent Lamb who died on that merciless Cross to save me, and He then gently placed me in the tender arms of Jesus Christ. I thank God for Jesus, His only begotten Son – for what He did for me that day by hanging on the cruel Cross with nailed hands and feet and His pierced side (John 20:25, 29 & 31) just to save me.
I believe with all my heart that I am forgiven of all my sins, my transgressions and my iniquities by my Lord, and now I am made righteous through faith in Jesus Christ crucified on the Cross, who bore all the shameful insults of sin, and that He suffered for all of us, who caused Him so much pain. I thank God for Jesus who has made me righteous by faith through His death.
5. I thank you heavenly Father for revealing to us secrets that have been hidden for many centuries which now have been revealed by the death of Your only Son, Jesus the Christ. Mystery which neither angels nor heavenly beings knew, it is the mystery of God’s plan from the beginning. This mystery is to send the Word of God on earth, as John writes in chapter 1:1, 2 & 14 to fulfil God’s plan of redemption for man’s salvation. And God’s plan was that Jesus Christ is to come to earth and be sacrificed for us humans that His sacrifice be pleasing, and that the blood and wounds of His crucifixion from the Cross would conquer death through His Resurrection. He was raised on the third day because as written in Scriptures, it was impossible for His body to see corruption (death). He ascended to heaven and he is now sitting at the right hand of the Father, to wait until all things, and all kingdoms of this world will be subjected to the feet of Jesus Christ forever, and He will then receive the most beautiful name. Jesus Christ; King of all kings and Lord of all lords.
God shows us through His Holy Spirit that righteousness is only by faith. The crucifixion of Jesus Christ on the Cross is the true sacrifice of our Lord and through faith in the shed blood of Christ we can believe. No one can boast before God, nor can he be saved by any good works of the Law (John1:17 “For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ”. The Law given by Moses is good, it is so good that it shows us how sinful we are in the flesh – compare to the spiritual nature of our Lord on how holy and blessed is our God.
6. How can we live in the flesh and be considered righteous? The answer is: As we feel our need and total dependence upon God in all things, in our thoughts and our words, we will then be able to develop a daily prayer life in steadfast determination to want to do God’s will. We pray to God to help us and to give to us the Holy Spirit daily in our lives. As Jesus started His day with prayer, we should also pray to be delivered from evil as Jesus taught us in the Lord’s Prayer (Mathew 6:12&14). “Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil”.
The only way we can make it to the end, and to be able to lead a life of righteousness, is through Christ alone. Having the righteousness of Christ and to live a successful Christian life requires humility. God can only respond to a heart that is meek and lowly, and that is at all-time ready to yield to His will. God wants all of His creation to serve, worship and love Him.
I pray that God will help me to do His will, so that daily I will crucify this sinful nature, rising each day as a new person. I thank You Lord for dying to save me from all my sins, and giving me the privilege of spending eternity in heaven with You.
7. Almighty God, I seek to know Your will for my life today. I give myself in complete surrender to do Your will, to put aside all selfish ambitions, that could take away my time in serving You, and dear God, please help me to do Your Will, whatever it is, for the glory of God, for the rest of my life, in the name of Jesus.
Dear Lord, I dedicate my life and all that I have minute by minute, hour by hour for You to use me to do whatever you want, and to bring success and glory to Your work. I cannot do anything without You, so please Lord remind me to always pray for the guidance of Your Holy Spirit, as I do not want to fail You, as I cannot do anything of myself without You.
I delight in all that You do, and in all that please You. Help me to persevere when I pray for all those I love, and whom You love. O God of truth and love, please do not ever leave me.
I eagerly wait for this baptism, to feel safe in Jesus and that I can wait with humility in great expectation of the Lord Jesus’ soon return in all His splendour and glory! Come, my Lord, as I am waiting for You. I love you Jesus. Amen!
MIHAI FEDOR (MISHA) PARASCINETI
SABBATH 12 OCTOBER 2013